Friday 13 September 2013

Once Upon A Sketch September challenge - close-ups of my page "Horizon"


Hello beautiful peeps!

A long week is coming to its end and the weekend is waving hello around the corner! hope you are having a beauatiful spring day Down Under and enjoying golden autumn days on the other side of the globe.

Once Upon A Sketch went live with our September challenge on 1 September but as I had some other commitments going live simultaneously, I have not been able to share the close-ups of my page until now.


Here it is again; "Horizon".  I flipped the sketch once to the right having the photos go horizontally and the strips vertically.


The journalling theme is "Lucky" and even if my page is not about 
my husband, or the children that I am not blessed with,
 it really is about how lucky I am.

I am lucky to live in a country where there is peace, 
I am lucky to live in a country where we have an abundance of clean water 
and a free horizon. 
I am lucky to live in a country with endless woods
where the unique Right of Public Access makes it possible 
for us all to pick berries, flowers and mushrooms. 

The RoPA also allows us to enjoy the islands of our archipelagos. 
To go ashore, temporarily anchor our boat at a cliff/shore
that does not belong to somebody's private land close to a property 
or an area reserved for protected wildlife.

I am indeed blessed and so lucky to live where I do!




Ever so often I am asked to share my creative process, 
but as I am creating my pages kind of higgedly piggedly without any plan, 
it is quite difficult to do that.

Anyhow, when making this page I did have sort of a plan 
and remembered to photograph it when it was half-way through.

So here's a snapshopt for you.



The photo from the Swedish west coast was taken by a friend of mine.


Really tried to capture all the different mediums used on this but alas, they don't photograph well at all. Looks and feels sooo different IRL.


Gesso, modeling paste, gel medium, glitter, pearls, mist, glass beads gel texture, Stickles - you name it! 


The strips are different washi, fabric tape and stamping.

PRODUCT LIST

Papers; Prima Fairy Belle and Swedish Maja Design
Embellies; flowers Prima, Petaloo and Green Tara,
shells Petaloo, TH washi, TH vial, Norwegian Tilda clothes pegs

Stash; jute, other shells, fishnet, pearls, sequins, fabric tape, washi, modeling paste, gesso, gel medium, Winsor & Newton glass beads gel medium, Stickles Diamond, Mr Huey's Opaque white mist, TA Patina mist, Olive Vine, Jeans and Banana Pudding, Prima stamps and alphas, 
gold netting from my extremely talented friend Joyce Lawrence in the US. 

***
Thank you so much for popping by!

I'll be back on Sunday, 15th with my second GDT page for Norwegian Papirdesign. 
See you then if you want to!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

12 comments:

  1. It's such an amazing lay-out with so many gorgeous details to discover. I just love that sweet bottle with beads in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is just so exquisite Eila. I love the little bottle, the beads and the bling. Just so rich and full of texture... You are such an inspiration to me... I want to be just like you when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eila, this is such an amazing layout, the image is just totally blissful, I am in awe and your journaling - sounds as if you do live in a perfect part of our world... and it is truly wonderful that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another glorious piece of art Eila...so many tiny details like the beads and the bottle...you do indeed live in a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous page - you include so many details on your pages I could just look and look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Eila! Dropping by to show some love.. Hope you are doing good and everything is fine on ur side. Lovely layout as usual. As always..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eila, this page is so GORGEOUS! LOVE how you layered those FAB photos and LOVE your pretty BG right down to the shells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your art and photography is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful page Eila... love the texture !!! absolutely stunning.... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Sublime texture! Stunning layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elia!! I just popped over from my blog to say a big thank you for your kind words. And also to tell you that your lovely pieces of art are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete