Saturday 24 November 2012

TCR # 138 Summer Shoes

Drizzle and rain this grey Saturday in Stockholm. Feeling zero Chrissie vibes despite all the displays of bling and glitter everywhere. We'll put up our advent stars in all windows next weekend. I love the scent of hyacinths and buy them by the truckload. Cannot have poinsettias because of the cats, the white fluid in the petals is poisonous to them. Not a  tree comes up in a Swedish home till the day before 24 December.

Dear hubbs managed to lock me out from several sites on internet with his passionate quest for fool proof security measurements. Not that I don't truly appreciate his safety precautions but when I get kicked out from Facebook, Blogger and many other places, things get a wee bit, shall we say frustrating ... Back to business again now though and lots of commenting to catch up on. Visiting every day so don't give up on me if I haven't been to your blog in a while :))

Today I'll share my DT page for palette # 138 over at The Color Room, but first the palette itself. Neutral, dark, earthy and rich colours

 
I felt the rich muted colours needed a photo that adds more colour as contrast and found this one on internet. 

Here is my page "Summer Shoes";

 #138_Summer Shoes main 1000px
The background paper is Basic Grey Serenade. Fell for the sweet birdies on a branch down to the right and the stripey borders.

 #138_Summer Shoes - 2
At the moment am looking at what the Polish scrappers create and find inspiration from their messy stamping and wonderfully free artistic expressions. I am faaaaar from getting anywhere near them in my own scrapping but picking up little bits and pieces and adapting them to my own style.

 #138_Summer Shoes - 3

 #138_Summer Shoes - 4

 #138_Summer Shoes - 5
The sticker alpha is from Basic Grey Lucille. Stamping from lots of different places.

 #138_Summer Shoes - 6
Ripped some canvas and misted in TA Old Lace + Wheatfield + Walnut Gold. Found some beaded stickpins in a drawer. That bingo card is old as the hills.

 #138_Summer Shoes - 7 

And that's it! short and sweet this time! 

CSI released another awesome case file last night, I can promise the colours are beautiful! I'll be back on Tuesday to share my DT page for case file nbr 47.

Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are and whatever your plans are!!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

23 comments:

  1. AAAA we love the internet..lol!
    Your page is a Beauty...love all of it yummie layers .Texture and a cool idea with the photo and title....yep rain here to..
    Scrappy weekend for you byeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the details and layering! What a great layout. These days I honestly think the layouts are just as pretty if not prettier than the picture they showcase :-)

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just seen this on FB & loved it as soon as I seen it. You are such a perfectionist for fine detail, Eila & this layout is no exception. Stunning work my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you have done an amzing job on this neutral colour palette. Such a stunning lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is phenomenal Eila!! truly amazing!! I love how you design and its always so inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page Eila, loving the stamping and textures and layers, all fantastico...hoping you get in the christmas spirit soon,,,, only one month to go... have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. he he cute page and I think its a great photo to scrap too...I wouldnt have thought!!!
    This layout is absolutely stunning ...loving the layering...those blooms and the colors..... I always enjoy myself looking at your layout!!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours and you have used them beautifully. Loving the messy stamping. I think you are doing a wonderful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this palette, only wish I had time to join in, but alas!!! Love the layers, love the textures, love the details, actually, I just LOVE it. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Eila, the weather here is windy and sunny but better than the rain that came yesterday! Loving all the stamping that you are doing lately, your style is changing, great layouts, I think I have missed a few posts, so caught up with a pot of tea. A visit in March sounds fanttastic, let me know the dates as soon as you can as I have a few thing on in March! Take care, enjoy the rest of the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh how I love that pop of Med blue against the cool neutrals....good call my friend :0)Darling detail, especially your feathered friend and the 'free' stamping is fabulous!! You are not alone in missing the festive spirit....but why worry...it's still November!! ;0) Christmas starts earlier every year, as soon as the kids go back in September the supermarkets create a Christmas aisle....bloomin' ridiculous...bah humbug LOL Advent stars on the window???? Tell me more, sounds delightful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful! love how busy it is, with all the embellies:))) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastisk sida. Så snyggt med det blåa till den beige/grå/svarta färgskalan. Underbara detaljer som alltid! Å jag gillar hur du plockar inspiration från andra och lyckas få det till ditt eget.
    Jag har också pysslat lite efter två veckor utan att jag gjort en enda layout! Fatta det du ;). Så det uppdateras nog lite nytt i min blogg de kommande dagarna.

    Kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Det er det samme våte og kalde været her, ikke mye å smile over
    As allways you managed to put a fab page together. So many delightful details. I love the pins on the canvas strip and the stamping, great job, ful of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always, always appreciate those close-up pics Eila. They allow me to absorb all the wonderful details you add to your work. Glorious stamping, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful Eila!!! Love that photo and love the layout! Your stamping and details are spectatular as always....just love your work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Eila.. How are you ? I dont begin to scrap the Stockholm photos but I think often of the very good moments with you in your fabulous town...
    kisses
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  18. So inspiring Eila :) I am so loving your eclectic style! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning, your style is 'you' can always tell its an Eila layout.... beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pop of blue against the neutral background. There is something in the Polish air and the Norwegian water, isn't it, Eila!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a wonderful photo to scrap - love the fabric pieces on the layout to enhance that summer feel!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi dear E! we had a great time away, now back to normal - just love the photo in this page against the neutral tones, fabulous work once again as Sandie said i can recognise you pages now.
    have a good one
    cheers
    Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. So inspirational Eila! WOOOOOO!!! Just love pouring over all your details! I can't get enough of the Polish girls this year either - Anne Marie Wolniak & Worqshop are my faves by far - and the ILS blog - wooooow I could drool there all day long...SO sorry the Chrissy spirit isn't grabbing you right now. It's starting here but only in the malls and I find that just so materialistic & commercial. We aren't decorating at all this year so it's a bit bleak but no point for reasons you know :)

    ReplyDelete