Wednesday 28 March 2012

CSI #12 Finding You

Somehow I find rain really soothing. Love the sound it makes against windows and roof tiles. If it rains during a weekend, it's a good reason for some serious cocooning. No weekend today though, so I had to settle for some admin work in the office. Treated myself to sugar and calories for the afternoon coffee break instead :))

Am late with everything this week, well not just this week, so here's the CSI case file #12 which is a monochromatic in green/teal:



COLOR DETAILS & RGB CODES

Magical Forest - dark green with a slight touch of blue - drawn from the dark part of the clouds - 50.112.95

Surreal Teal - medium green with a slight touch of blue - taken from the clouds right above the dandelion 125.193.166

Green Enchantment - seaglass green - taken from the middle part of the clouds - 201.229.196

Celestial Celadon - pale, pale celadon - taken from the lightest part of the clouds - 232.243.229

Silhouette - greenish-gray-black - taken from the dandelion - 47.50.37


EVIDENCE DETAILS

Choose two (or more)of the following elements to include on your layout:

hot-air balloon image
flowers
clouds
use something fluffy
silhouettes images
silhouette-cut a photograph
stars

JOURNALING DETAILS (TESTIMONY)

Choose one (or more)of the following to inspire your journaling:

Document a journey.
Document a dream.
Write something unexpected about your subject.
Use something unexpected to hold your journaling.
Tie string to or around your journaling spot.
Get carried away with your journaling (interpret that in any way you wish!)
Inspiration words: magic, mystery, drift

Have you seen our CSI CoordinatesMichele Singh created these awesome printable patterned papers, images, and journaling spots to coordinate with our Case Files! In case you missed their debut last week, you can still download the CSI Coordinates for Case File No. 11 at the bottom of the reveal thread.


Our gallery has been rocking the past few weeks, and we can't wait to find out who's applying for our design team call!

Without further ado, here's my page:

12_Finding You main 4000px

My evidence this week are flowers and something fluffy; the fluffy bit being feathers and the flowers, well not difficult to see them :))

My journalling is both about a dream come true, but also about the journey that took me there. That's what the title of my page - Finding You - is about. It's rather personal, so I've kept it in a letter that I've put at the back of my page.

It's about me, a disillusioned divorcee without husband, home or job and dreams in shreds actually finding love again when I thought there was none left for me to have. I met my DH Bengt under different circumstance and also he had been left with a broken heart. So two halves of a heart found its matching other bit and we became one again.

Finding love a second time is a gift to be treasured and I couldn't be blessed with a kinder and more loving partner! So yes, the photo is from our wedding back in 2000.

The backing paper is from Pion Design's collection "For Father". The rest is from MME and Pink Paislee's latest collections.

12_Finding you -2

Flowers, stamps and embellies from Prima, Petaloo, Maya Road and Tim Holtz, as well as from a local store.

12_Finding You-3

That fussy cut bit with the little birdie is from KaiserCraft.

12_Finding You-4

12_Finding You-5

12_Finding You-6

12_Finding You-7

12_Finding You-8

Have just ordered 15 easter eggs filled with pick&mix sweets and each weighing 4 kg (that's 8 pounds!) to the office. That should set the sugar rush rocketing to the ceiling for days to come :)) and on that sweet note I finish this post with a toodelipip and thanks for your kind visit!

xoxoxo Eila

Note to myself: I must remember to photograph the eggs.

12 comments:

  1. stunning page and work love all the details and yummie layers and yes it does look fluffy!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet page for a sweet love story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh stunning lo and wow love the colors this round

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fab Eila! I love the soft hints of teal you used throughout the page. And, those various layers tucked in here and there really add dimension and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout Eila. The colours are beautiful, as is the design and elements you used to bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh for goodness sake, WHERE have I been you have this whole secret life I knew nothing about! CSI how exciting and mysterious! This is a beautiful inspiration board!! I think I will go check out this site are us digi girls allowed to play?? Your interpretation of the inspiration is just wonderful! I love the fluffy frou frou!! You are an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page Eila! Love the pic is so gorgeous and the elements just match the page so well the Prima paper is one of my favs ....loo ove those clocks
    Seeing you are having a pre Easter sugar rush...
    Lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome page Eila, love that flower in the corner, beautiful embellishments indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eila!! Your page is GORGEOUS!! So dreamy and romantic! I love how your pages are not just works of art but also have deep meaning at the same time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Wow! Wow! This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow YES do NOT forget to photograph those eggs!! They sound totally delicious - you will all be working 24 hours around the clock with that sugar rush hahahaha...Now onto this lovely page! So beautiful!! Love the photograph, the theme, the lovely layers and embellishing. Another work of art my dear friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. love.

    the 2nd picture from the bottom.. i could look at for hours.. the layers of papers under the photo with the simple butterfly - love!

    rain on the other hand... isn't my favorite. i prefer rainbows having said that rain is amazing if i can sleep during it!

    ReplyDelete