Saturday 19 November 2011

TCR #85 Bicicletta

Saturday morning and the roof tops of Stockholm are glistening white with frost in the sunshine. No snow yet, but soon ....

The passed week has been a busy one, attending a conference and planning for the Big Ones in February and April 2012. Lots of stuff happening at work with downsizing carried out in our organization but still full throttle ahead - business ain't waiting.

Yesterday saw the release of a new fruity and vibrant palette over at TCR, we're in Her Room this week.


Woohoo for Raspberry, White, Fuchsia and Sunflower!

Here's my take on the palette:

#85_Bicicletta 4000px-main

The checkered yellow/white paper is the reverse of a paper from Authentique. For the first time ever I have played with Gesso on a bigger scale than just dabbing a bit here and there. At first it looked really something that I wanted to chuck into the bin, but after having dried over night it had assumed a rather cool texture.

The title "Andiamo in Bicicletta" means let's go for a bicycle ride.

#85_Bicicletta 4000px-2

The stamps are from 7Gypsies Venice. I misted one of the tags in TA Sunflower. A snippet of Tim Holtz tissue tape, some hessian, and a Prima toggle. Splatter in fuchsia TA Glimmer Glam, think the colour is called Pink Tutu.

The black bling is cut off from a Prima Printery Line lace/jewel swirl.

Here you see what the Gesso looks like with the chalk in fuchsia and raspberry and squirts of the TA glimmermist in Sunflower. Think I have to experiment some more!

#85_Bicicletta 4000px-3

Really love this cute little bicycle from KaiserCraft. Jazzed it up a little bit with a dainty yellow satin ribbon and a couple of Webster's Pages Rose&Pearl sparklers.

Tore off the border of a couple of mini doilies and scrunched them up before tucking them into the flower cluster, which is made of cut-off flowers from a couple of old Prima Debutantes and some other odd small Prima blooms.
#85_Bicicletta 4000px-4

Isn't the electric blue bike just so cool! I understand why it had to be photographed, just too good an opportunity to be missed.

The double matting is with papers from Authentique and the reverse side of a paper from Crate Paper. The big sunflower was fussy cut from a paper from K&Co. The filmstrip is an overlay from KaiserCraft and the chipboard is Dusty Attic of course.

I have been busy making Christmas cards and layouts that I cannot share with you just yet.

A piece of big bang news is going to be released shortly, I am super excited about it but have to wait for a bit before it can be shared. Something really lovely is also happening in March.

Life really is so good and I am infinitely grateful to so many lovely and caring people out there. Thank you warmly for all the incredibly kind comments you leave me and all the wonderful love that you leave! I am truly so blessed!

Have a wonderful weekend all of you! More Christmas cards waiting to be scrapped!

oxoxox Eila

17 comments:

  1. Ha.... endelig våger du deg på litt "nye jaktmarker" og så stilig det ble med masse gesso og ulik mist!! Dette må du nok bare gjøre mer av ja!
    Elsket den chipboard-sykkelen forresten! og fantastisk bilde av den blå sykkelen og terracottafargede veggen!
    Gleder meg til å høre om dine spennende nyheter!
    Du spurte om China Ink, husker ikke om jeg fikk svart på det. Det heter vel også India Ink og er rett og slett blekk. Jeg har kjøpt min på Panduro (som jo også finnes i Sverige) og ser at den finnes i mange ulike farger (når jeg søker litt på nettet i utlandet). Nesten slik blekk som man brukte i gamle dager sammen med "pennespisser".

    ha en flott helg!
    klem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the palette is yummie again..lol..i love your page.I am a fan of bike trips so all i saw on your page..COOL!Wish you a lovely weekend byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Eila, this is a dynamic piece of art. The gesso technique is awesome and it really lends luscious textures to your page. A fav of for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Eila this page is so, so wonderful ! My favourite. I love how you have taken a simple bicycle and added so much interest with colour and texture, just beautiful . xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow, don't even think it! loving your creation this week, the gesso is delicious and loving the bike with the pearls and ribbon. Hope your card making is going well, have to confess I tend to buy mine, luxury ones of course! Seeing the new Twighlight saga film tomorrow, are you a fan? take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooohh Eila this is my new fave of yours .... sensational ...... love the textured background and yes I too sometimes throw pages out but maybe I will take a leaf out of your book and let it dry overnight and see what happens .. good tip .. I just adore all of this page, wonderful . hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie this is juat so beautiful, i simply adore the texture from the gesso looks awesome ..good luck with work
    Lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just absolutely stunning Eila!!! Your gesso looks so awesome. So glad you didn't chuck it in the bin. I finally made it over here to your blog and it is just as lovely as you are. Will be back soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eila.....this is just gorgeous, the gesso looks amazing and you are right on with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This absolutely stunning! I love the little bike and the entire design is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH Yeah!
    Know that Busy Feeling...
    I hoping for a Slower week this Week!!! hehehe
    WOWZERS!!
    LOVE your Layout.... So love what your have done with the Gesso!!!
    May have to give that a GO!!!!
    I thought I was a Follower??
    BUT I am NOW!!! LOL!
    Also thanks for your blog LOVE ♥♥
    Have a Great Week Eila....
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had snow once already in October, but now it's back in the 50's here. I can't wait for the snow to come!! I hate the cold, but as long as it's cold, it might as well be snowy & white!!

    What a gorgeous color palate to work with! I can't wait until my finals are over and I can participate in challenges again. Your layout is absolutely amazing, as always. You always inspire me so much!! Now I want to go purchase some gesso...it really looks amazing! I absolutely love all the texture you added to this page, simply gorgeous!!

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my friend,I am back to gather some inspiration from your immense well!
    Absolutely love the latest layout( of the ones you can share...)It is romantic and funky at the same time. Your close ups are divine and I just love that bicicletta. Ta ta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eila this is totally gorgeous! I so love that palette & wish I had the time to play along!! I adore the gesso - makes me want to do that too - I bought some modelling paste & a plastic spatula so I really have no excuse - except that I don't usually have the time to wait overnight for the drying time!! Gorgeous detailed work as always & love to hear you sounding so chipper :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally awesome page Eila, love the background creations you've created with the mediums makes you just want to reach in and touch it all. Love the DA wire as well one of my faves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Eila, just popped in to say a big THANK YOU, the gorgeous Prima paper popped through my letter box this morning, DH said "Oh no you haven't been spending again!" took great delight in informing him I had won it, so looking forward to playing with it later, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is the most wonderful layout i've ever seen and i do mean ever! love all the colors and the texturing of course is stunning (yours always is!)
    been so busy lately.. haven't really taken the time to blog sorry for the long absence.. just wanted to pop in and see what's up since i had a few minutes.. love spending so much time with the family lately and doing some extra holiday activities!
    seriously i'm totally in love with this layout!!

    ReplyDelete